Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook

             My initial impressions of Facebook were mostly positive. Facebook to me, seemed exciting because you can keep up with your friends' lives and pictures. Facebook made photo sharing and activities like that much easier and accessible. When I first started using Facebook, I was unaware of the risks associated with the website. After reading the article online, I became more aware of the privacy risks. I know that since I have read the article, I have changed the settings on my Facebook that are in control of your "current locations." (The function on Facebook that shows exactly where you are at when you upload a picture or write a post.) By doing so, you become vulnerable to the random strangers that could be viewing your profile. I  am now more informed and have the knowledge to protect my own privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment